Peptide Therapy – the Cutting Edge of Medicine
Peptides are short amino acid chains (as opposed to proteins that are made of long chains of amino acids) that act as signalling molecules in the body. Peptides regulate the release of hormones, immune system function, the course of inflammation, healing from injury, sleep, libido and intestinal health, to name a few. There are tens or even hundreds of thousands of different peptides in the human body. The research is still ongoing, but there are already many peptides whose benefits have been proven in scientific studies. The following peptides are currently available for therapy:
Peptides to Increase Growth Hormone
Growth Hormone is made by the pituitary gland. Growth hormone has many powerful effects. Its main function, as the name suggests, is to stimulate growth of the body. This is particularly important in children who need growth hormone to achieve adult height. Other effects include increasing bone strength, increasing muscle mass and strength, stimulation of organ growth, cell production and regeneration, strengthening of the immune system and regulating sugar metabolism.
Sarcopenia is the gradual loss of muscle or lean body mass (LBM) that can happen with age. After the age forty, the muscle loss rate is 0.5 – 2% per year, and it doubles after 60.
Loss of muscle mass leads to a decline of muscle strength and frailty. Up to 65% of older men and women report that they are unable to lift ten pounds with their arms. The ability to carry out daily activities such as walking, climbing stairs, or even getting up from a chair is markedly reduced.
Sarcopenia can be debilitating since maintaining muscle mass is essential to supporting whole-body protein metabolism, wound healing, physical strength, organ function, skin integrity and immune function.
Other symptoms that accompany sarcopenia are poor coordination, sleeplessness, reduced endurance, and weight gain in the form of excess body fat.
A major cause of sarcopenia and other debilitating symptoms is a decline in growth hormone that happens with age.
Increasing growth hormone level can result in:
- Increased lean muscle mass
- Loss of excess fat
- Better sleep quality
- Enhanced skin elasticity
- Heightened energy levels
- Greater bone density
- More Energy
- Lower Blood Glucose Levels
- Mental Clarity
Directly administering growth hormone, however, is not the right path in most cases. Instead, effective methods methods have been developed to stimulate natural growth hormone production.
Sarcotropin is a formulation taken orally. Its active ingredients directly stimulate cells in the pituitary gland to generate and secrete growth hormone to provide the benefits of improved growth hormone levels without the risks and side effects of direct growth hormone injections.
Another effective way of increasing growth hormone production and release is to stimulate the pituitary.
CJC1295/Ipamorelin are two compounds, CJC1295 and Ipamorelin, that are administered in combination and act on the pituitary. They act on two different types of receptors to maximize the natural production and release of the growth hormone.
Based on the literature, CJC1295/Ipamorelin has been shown to be effective in raising growth hormone levels which helps to:
- Increase bone density
- Strengthen the cardiovascular system
- Increase muscle mass
- Improve ability to burn fat
- Increase sex drive
- Improve recovery and repair from injuries
- Regenerate nerve tissues
- Strengthen the immune system
- mprove cognition and memory
CJC1295/Ipamorelin combination outperforms sermorelin, another peptide that stimulates growth hormone release, due to longer half-life and increased efficacy.
Thymosin Alpha 1
Thymosin Alpha-1 is found in the thymus, an organ in the chest responsible for regulating the immune system. It acts to augment T-cell function; T cells are a part of the immune system which fights infection. Thymosin Alpha 1 is able to optimize the performance of your immune health and improve general wellness by preventing infections such as the common cold or the flu.
Scientific studies show that Thymosin Alpha 1 can:
- Exhibit antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties
- Increase vaccine effectiveness
- Suppress tumor growth
- Enhance function of certain immune cells
- Help eradicate unhealthy cells
- Stop infection or cancer growth
- Strengthen your immune system
- Improve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue
Reducing Inflammation, Repair after Injuries, and Leaky Gut
BPC 157 is a part of body protection compound (BPC) found in human gastric juice.
Based on scientific literature, BPC-157 has been shown to:
- Accelerate healing of damaged bones, tendons and ligaments
- Accelerate healing of skin burns
- Increase blood flow to damaged tissues
- Have an anti-inflammatory effect
- Protect the mucosal lining of the digestive tract and maintain its integrity to combat leaky gut, IBS, gastro intestinal cramps and Crohn’s disease
- Prevent gastric ulcers
- Protect the liver from toxic damage (alcohol, antibiotics, etc.)
- Improve digestive function
- Promote healing of traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Protect the central nervous system by modulating serotonin and dopamine production in the brain
BPC 157 is stable in human gastric juice and has no reported toxicity.
Thymosin Beta-4 is a hormone secreted from the thymus. It is typically found in both types of muscle in the human body – skeletal (the muscles that are required to move) and smooth (muscles such as those in the gut). When damage to tissue occurs, Thymosin Beta 4 is released to help the body heal. In the process of healing from injury, Thymosin Beta 4 acts to reduce the amount of scar tissue and improve flexibility. It also has potent anti-inflammatory properties.
Here are some facts about Thymosin Beta-4:
- Plays an important role in protection, regeneration, and remodeling of injured or damaged tissue
- Prescribed for acute injury, surgical repair, and athletes who accumulated injury over their lifetime
- Can be taken after cardiac injury for better healing of the tissue in the heart
Based on scientific literature, Thymosin Beta 4 has been shown to:
- Relieve muscle spasm
- Improve muscle tone
- Help tissue repair
- Help maintain flexibility
- Reduce inflammation in soft tissues and joints
- Increases endurance and strength
- Prevents the formation of adhesions and fibrous bands in muscles, tendons, and ligaments
Thymosin Beta 4 appears to be quite well tolerated. No adverse drug interaction has been observed. No side effects, other than some irritation or burning sensation at the site of injection, have been reported.
Tesofensine acts on the central nervous system to decrease appetite and increase body energy expenditure which results in weight loss. Tesofensine is more effective than many established weight loss medications. It has also been shown to significantly improve the quality of life in overweight patients.
Longevity and Vitality
Epithalon (also known as Epitalon or Epithalone) is a version of the polypeptide Epithalamin naturally produced in humans.
Epithallamin’s role is to:
- Regulate metabolism
- Normalize function of the pituitary
- Increase a person’s resistance to emotional stress
- Regulate the endocrine system, especially the pineal gland that produces melatonin
- Normalize T-cell function to improve immunity
- Lengthen telomeres
Telomeres are protective caps on the ends of the chromosomes. Telomeres get shorter with age and when the body is under stress. When telomeres are lost, the chromosomes become damaged, and the cell dies.
Telomeres and serve as an indicator of the body’s biological age, the amount of accumulated damage and the overall health. Shortened telomeres indicate the risk of disease and death.
GHK-Cu is a naturally occurring copper peptide which is naturally produced in many tissues in the body. Copper peptides are naturally occurring protein fragments that have high affinity for copper ions, which is critical to normal body function. GHK-Cu plays a variety of roles in the human body including activation of wound healing, attracting immune cells, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, and stimulating collagen and glycosaminoglycan synthesis. TGHK-cu is one of the best peptides to stimulate regrowth and remodeling of tissue everywhere in the body.
Based on the literature, GHK-cu has been shown to:
- Improve healing of many types of wounds and reduce infections
- Act as an anti-inflammatory to reduce pain
- Help prevent and correct hair loss – has been shown to be more effective at growing hair than the ingredient found in Rogaine
- Improve skin collagen by 70%
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles by 35%
- Help heal nerves and reduce certain types of nerve pain
- Protect the lungs from liver fibrosis
- Have anti-cancer effects
Bremelanotide PT 141
Bremelanotide PT 141 was developed from the peptide hormone melatonin for aphrodisiac effects. It interacts with the hypothalamus and can induce a rapid onset of arousal. Bremelanotide PT 141 has been found to increase erection in 80% of males who did not respond to Viagra or Cialis. It has been shown to increase the chances of women achieving at least one sexually gratifying experience by 50%.
Based on the literature, Bremelanotide PT 141 has been shown to:
- Produce rapid onset of sexual arousal
- Heightens libido
- Improve symptoms of female sexual dysfunction
- Induces erection in men suffering from ED
- Reduce sexual dysfunction at the level of central nervous system
Cerebrolysin (also known on as FPE 1070) is a combination of two small peptides that help protect the central nervous system and improve cognitive function, especially in older people.
Cerebrolysin has been shown to:
- Improve brain metabolism
- Protect brain cells from toxins and free radicals
- Facilitate brain recovery after injury such as trauma or stroke
- Improve memory
- Improve cognitive function in patients with Alzheimer’s disease
We offer numerous high-quality peptides, so whether you’re looking for a natural solution to slow down aging, improve health, or repair an injury, we can help with your peptide therapy. Please contact us for details.