What are Pellets?
Pellets, or implants, are made of bioidentical hormones that are pressed into very small solid cylinders about the size of a grain of rice. Pellets are built by a special pharmacy according to a doctor’s prescription to contain bioidentical hormones in precise amounts and ratios. Those pellets are then implanted under your skin in a simple office procedure. Once in place, the pellets start releasing the bioidentical hormones in a pattern that is similar to your body’s natural hormone production. Depending on the hormone types and doses, pellets work for 3 – 6 months. They slowly and gradually dissolve releasing the hormones. Once they are gone, they leave no residue behind and can be easily replaced by new pellets to maintain your hormone levels and balance.
Typical symptoms and conditions improved by Pellet Therapy
- Low sex drive
- Low energy
- Weight gain
- Insomnia and other sleep disorders
- Loss of focus and concentration
- Brain fogginess, memory loss
- Mood swings
- Anxiety, depression
- Menstrual or migraine headaches
How pellets are inserted
Pellet insertion procedure is performed at the office. It is quick and virtually painless taking about 15 minutes. Dr Fleischman will thoroughly clean the skin in the upper portion of your buttocks with an antiseptic solution to make sure everything stays sterile and no bacteria that cause infection can get inside. She will then inject local anesthetic with a tiny needle to numb the area of pellet insertion. That’s the only tiny pinprick you will feel. Then she will make a small, less than ¼ inch hole in your skin and place a pellet under your skin through that hole using a special device. The device looks like a syringe with a needle, just bigger than regular syringes. Dr. Fleischman will hold pressure on the area for about 5 minutes to make sure the pellet settles in place and there is no bleeding. Finally she’ll cover that small hole in your skin with a sticky strip that will keep it closed while your skin heals. Your skin will heal quickly, and in a couple of weeks you may not even see the spot where the pellet was inserted. You will receive detailed care instructions what to do and not to do while your skin at the pellet insertion site is healing.
Benefits of Pellet Therapy
- Increased energy
- Increased sense of well being
- Better sleep
- Stronger libido
- Decreased anxiety and depression
- Improved memory
- Stronger erections for men
- Enhanced lubrication for women
Advantages of Pellet Therapy over Other BHRT Methods
- Pellets release hormones in a way that best mimics natural hormone release by the ovaries and testes.
- Pellets have an outstanding safety record and are not linked to cancer or other health risks.
- Pellets offer the convenience of living your life naturally. You will not forget to take your hormones and miss a dose which can happen with other treatment methods.
- The biggest advantage of pellets is that they provide optimal hormonal levels for weeks and months, something that cannot be achieved with other methods.
How soon will I feel the effects of pellet therapy?
You should see some improvement within the first 10-14 days after the pellet insertion, but it will take up to 6 weeks to feel the full effect. Your body needs time to adjust to the new hormonal levels, and everyone’s body responds to therapy differently. Some effects of the therapy such as increased muscle mass, decreased body fat and stronger bones may take a while to develop. We’ll be monitoring your hormonal levels and balance to be sure you are getting maximum benefits from pellet treatment.
Schedule a free phone consultation with Dr. Fleischman. She’ll answer all your questions, and you’ll be able to make an informed decision whether pellet therapy is right for you.